Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Violist on the Run, Leaving for the American Viola Society Festival Today

My poor car is going to be pretty fed up with me by the end of this week. Moonlight, my '09 Sonata, just returned from the wedding of dear friends in Ithaca, New York yesterday. I will be leaving in about an hour and a half (or as soon as I am packed and ready to go) for a roughly 8 hour drive (that's not including breaks) to Cleveland, OH. I'll be staying with a fine pianist in Cleveland for a few days, while traveling onward to Oberlin for the American Viola Society Festival.

I'll be leaving updates and pictures over the next few days, as I try to keep friends and family informed about my experiences. I am interested to see who is there, what is being performed and presented, and making new friends along the way! I am also extra excited because I will be giving a Lecture-Recital on Thursday afternoon, at 3:30 pm, presenting excerpts from the unaccompanied viola sonatas of Günter Raphael.


Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment