Saturday, April 4, 2015

Greetings from Leiden

Hello World,
    I am writing from Leiden,  a very inspiring city in the Netherlands,  complete with impressive canals, windmills, and bikes.  I have barely been here for about 14 hours, but I am thoroughly impressed with the city.  I will be traveling to Den Haag  (the Hague) to hear composer and pianist Anthony Green perform.  Anthony  and Itamar Ronen have been incredible hosts, making my stay very relaxing.

    I meant to finish a post while at Kennedy Airport Thursday night,  but discovered an old friend, clarinetist Emilio Borghesan, who was on my plane to Oslo.  It is always great to have someone to chat with in airports, as it helps to shorten the journey  (particularly when the airlines add delays.)  Emilio has a fantastic blog that explores the inner workings of clarinet technique, and can be found at www.EmilioBorghesan.com.

    I will be giving a House Concert at Anthony and Itamar's home tomorrow evening at 17:00, (11:00 AM EDST), performing two of Anthony's pieces, plus works by Bach, Gunter Raphael, and J. S. Bach.  Stay tuned for more details! (And photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment